Due to the situation of the Covid-19, we adapt our booking system.
For professionnals, Guides, Travel agencies : Booking on our website start the 01/02/2021
For ou hikers friends : Booking start the 01/04/2021
From the 01/06/2021, reservations will be taken ONLY by phoning 07 67 56 74 14
Thank you for your understanding, take care of your-self and your family
The Lac Blanc Refuge overlooks the Chamonix Valley. It is ideally placed to admire one of the most beautiful mountain ranges in the world.
In the heart of the Aiguilles Rouges Nature Reserve, Le Refuge du Lac Blanc is an essential stop on the Tour du Mont Blanc.
In order to preserve this exceptional stage, guaranteeing remarkable biodiversity and landscapes, all the team at the Refuge are working to minimize its impact in order to transmit these invaluable richness to the generations of tomorrow.
Lac Blanc is one of the rare areas where nature has remained intact.
Let us be contemplative, curious, admiring but let us not forget that its conservation requires rules. We make our energy from the lake, we take water from the lake, welcome and help us minimize our consumption.
Climb by Tré-le-Champ
At the Tré-le-Champ car park, take the signposted path "Lac Blanc 2 h 45" which dives into the forest. After a fairly long series of switchbacks, follow the direction of Lac Blanc at the sign. After a new series of laces, the path leads to the imposing Argentiere Aiguillette.
To continue, we will have to use the ladders fixed to the rock walls with caution; no problem, the ladders are not exposed to vacuum, only the passage on the scale requires more attention. After this little getaway, continue the winding path until you reach a fairly massive cairn accompanied by tabonneaux.
Continue towards Lac Blanc. The path will pass near the Lacs des Chéserys: do not hesitate to stop there to admire the panorama of the Mont Blanc range.
Further on, the path invites you to take a last ladder that is easier to climb than the first. A final climb in large boulders will reach the Chalet du Lac Blanc and the lake.
Climb by le Col des Montets
From the parking lot at the Chalet d'Accueil de la Réserve, take the path that climbs quite steeply down the slope.
Shortly after, the path joins another path starting from Tré-le-Champ. After turning right, follow the direction of Lac Blanc, the ascent is by short laces.
A little further on, we reach a promontory overlooking the Argentière Glacier. The path continues on the grassy slope to finally lead to a flat area allowing you to admire the Mont-Blanc range. Lined with regular cairns, the path finds of Tré-le-Champ at the level of the Lacs des Chéserys.
The return is by the same route as the outward journey.
Note that it is possible to descend by the path of the opposite variant, the respective car parks being 600 m apart.
Regulation in the lake area
On a decision of SCI les CHESERYS, and in agreement with local partners, a Zone has been defined around Lac Blanc to intensify its protection. In this Zone: (in addition to the reserve regulations)
- Camping is prohibited
- Bivouac is prohibited even without tent
- Dogs are not allowed
- Water is not drinkable
Rules in the Aiguilles Rouges area
- Are prohibited:
- Picking flowers and plants
- Collecting fossils
- Motor vehicle traffic
- Paragliding and hang gliding
Our environmental action
- Electricity is produced by a hydroelectric plant
- Water consumption is reduced: by offering showers of 4 minutes
- By cleaning the sheets at Sequoya Passy, eco-responsible dry cleaning
- The waste is sorted, lowered and then managed by Chamonix Propreté
- Organic waste is composted
- The cleaning products are organic
- The oil boiler has been dismantled
- Using Ecocup for take-out
Marion, a lively and welcoming young woman, warmly welcomes you by inviting you to share her great passion for the environment.
Prices, Only on reservations
- Half-board (dinner, night and breakfast): Adults : 60 € | Kids from 8 to 12 years old : 50 €
- From the 1st April to 31st May, book throught our website : Book now
- From the 1st of June to the 28th september book only by phone : 07 67 56 74 14
By phone : +33 07 67 56 74 14
- Groups and agencies : email@example.com
- For all opthers enquiries : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note: Payments only in cash, no credit card, no checks.